Call for Abstracts
Abstracts will be selected by the Scientific Committee based on relevance, originality and scientific merits of the study to be presented as an oral or poster presentation during the XX World Congress on Trophoblastic Diseases.
There is no limit on the number of abstracts that may be submitted by one person or organization. If accepted for a presentation, all presenters must register as a participant for and attend the congress.
Abstract submission for the XX World Congress on Trophoblastic Diseases will open in May 2019.
- The abstract should be written in clear, concise and unambiguous English.
- The maximum number of words is 400. This does not include your title or author information.
- Abstracts must be blind — all references to the organizations and/or authors by name must be omitted from the title, program description, and body of the abstract in order to ensure a fair, unbiased review process.
- Spell out acronyms upon first usage.
- Use 3rd person pronouns when talking about your organization, avoid “we”, “our”, and, “us”.
The body of the abstract must include the following sections:
- Objectives: an introductory sentence indicating the purpose of the study
- Methods: a brief description of experimental procedures, including statistical evaluation where appropriate
- Results: a summary of the data
- Conclusions: a statement of the conclusions
Review and Selection
Each abstract will be evaluated through a blind, peer review process by the Scientific Committee. Abstracts will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Content – Substantive, innovative, of interest to potential attendees
- Quality of the science and studies involved
- Presentation of abstract – Grammar, spelling, clarity of the writing
- Relevance to the conference key concepts and categories